Friday, May 8, 2015

Intro

Third time's the charm. Right?

I am doing some things the way I did the second attempt, like females rule during the Neanderthal Stage, so there are no bastards yet. I will roll for "miscarriage", "infant death", hikes will also be rolled for death.... and so on.

Here are some of the changes I had made before...

1. I started with five families, one for each skin tone and a mixed one. Also, this time I made the whole family have the same hair color instead of just making lots of redheaded sims. I love redheads. *shrugs*

2. I rolled a die to decide on Aspirations. For the first two generations, Founders and their offspring, I decided only 4 of the 7 (if you count Grilled Cheese) Aspirations would be available.

If I rolled,

0- Roll again
1- Pleasure
2- Romance
3- Family
4- Popularity
5- I choose

3. Since I don't have the Insimenator, is that how it's spelled?, and I have no plans to install it on my game in the near or far off future, I decided to roll a "die" to decide a few things.

Once a sim gets pregnant I decided to add the miscarriage, surviving or dying while giving birth and baby is born healthy or baby dies.

Miscarriage, I will most likely make them loose the baby once they get pregnant because I do not want to get attached to the unborn pixel.

If I roll,

0- Roll again
1-3- Gives birth to the baby
2-4 Miscarriage
5- I choose the outcome

Surviving or dying while giving birth (mother), if I roll,

0- Roll again
1-3- Survives the ordeal
2-4- Dies while bringing the pixelated bundle of joy into Mandu.
5- I choose

If the mother manages to give birth, no miscarriages, then I roll for whether the baby survives or not. Again, if I roll,

0- Roll again
1-3- Baby is healthy and gets to live
2-4- Baby was born sickly and dies soon after she/he is born.
5- I choose


4. All of those apply only to women, since in Mandu, no man can give birth... yet. So I decided that once an adult male who has done his service for the country, help produce a female heir (Lines are matriarchal in the Neanderthal Era), I will roll for his death once he gets the "Go on a hike" want. Going on a "hike" could mean going exploring, maybe hunting. He could encounter hostile clans from another land, a wild animal could get to him before he gets to it, killers bees could attack and he could be highly allergic!

So if I roll,

0- Roll again
1-3- Comes back safely
2-4 Means his untimely demise
5- I decide

The only case for I which roll again if he comes back and is attacked by bees, and if he encounters Poison Ivy.

5. Anytime anyone is attacked by bees, I will roll a die.

6. My sims never seem to get sick, but if they do I will also roll a die. I  don't want to add the sickness mod just yet. I need some population first.

7. I was also thinking of rolling just before they become elders (if anyone makes it this far) to decide whether they see elderhood or not. I think not many elders would have been around back then.

So here are the families...

The Hunters, Cloud and Rock.


The Meadows, Flower and Fern.

The Rivers, Rain and Mud.

The Bushes, Rose and Thorn.



The Hills, Honey and Dill. (Mixed Skin 1 and Skin 2)


And I decided to add an extra family, the Farmers, Mushroom and Sunny. (Mixed S3 and S4)



I also decided to just do the rounds "seasonally".  So each round will be 5 sim days.

No comments:

Post a Comment